Official registration for the 2020/21 season will be on Wednesday, September 9th from 5pm until 7pm outside the main south entrance to Kal Tire Place. Please note, you may still register anytime after this date. The Registration Package is available on the website for download. Please bring your completed forms with you to the registration session. Skate fitting will also occur so if you have skates from last season please bring them. New joiners will be assisted with finding appropriate skates for your athlete as well as reviewing other equipment that is needed.
Please read our Welcome Covid letter from our club President, Karen Benn. Our club has worked closely with the City of Vernon and the BC Speeding Skating Association to ensure we are following all safety protocol for a safe return to sport.
Feel free to contact us if you have any registration questions.
|Recreation||$185 plus BCSSA/SSC insurance $97|
|Learn to Skate||$185 plus BCSSA/SSC insurance $97|
|Competitive||$550 plus BCSSA/SSC insurance $137|
|Elite||$550 plus BCSSA/SSC insurance $177|
|Intro 6||$152 (includes neck guard, Kevlar cuffs and skate rental for 6 Friday sessions) plus BCSSA/SSC insurance $27|
|Associate Fee (under 19)||$25 per family|
|Skate Rental||$100 per season for Competitive/Elite/Recreation/Masters|
$50 per season for Learn-to-Skate
Four easy steps to get you started:
- Step One
- Step Two
- Step Three
- Read through Return To Play Plan Final to understand our club's approved COVID 19 health protocols and print and sign the last page 'Sport Participant COVID-19 Agreement' and include with your registration forms.
- Assess your skater's health and bring the Wellness Waiver signed to each practise.
- Step Four - Bring all completed forms to registration night September 9th or your first practise. Payment will be completed online.
- Registration Form and Registration Worksheet
- Associate Membership Form
- Wellness Waiver
- Medical Waiver
- Parent Information And Volunteer Policy
- Code of Conduct Form
- Special Event Waiver
- Skater Subsidy Application
- Camp Rebate Application
- Expense Form
- Fee Form
- Member Handbook
COVID 19 Policies:
Vernon Vortex Speed Skating Club has approved health and safety protocols to follow during COVID 19. Please read through our 'return to play' guidelines for all our social distancing, sanitizing and safety measures for our club.
Return To Play Plan Final for COVID 19
All athletes wishing to skate with the club will need to complete a health check before each practice and bring the signed form to each practise.